2. Solvent is a substances which dissolves a solute.
3. A solute is a substances which dissolved in a solvent.
4. There are 3 types of solution :
- dilute solution
- saturated solution
5. Dilute solution contains small amount of solute.
6. Concentrated solution contains a lot of solute.
7. Saturated solution contains maximum amount of solute.
8. There are 2 ways to dissolve the remaining solute in a saturated solution :
- heat the solution
- add more solvent
9. Solubility the maximum amount of solute which can be dissolved in a certain volume of solvent at specific temperature.
10. Factors that affect the solubility :
- nature of solute
- nature of solvent
11. Factors that affect the rate of solubility :
- temperature of solvent
- size of solute
- volume of solvent
- stirring effect
12. When the temperature of the solvent is higher, the rate of solubility is higher.
13. When the size of solute is smaller, the rate of solubility is higher.
14. When the volume of solvent is larger, the rate of solubility is higher.
15. If there is a stirring effect, the rate of solubility is higher.
16. Water is known as UNIVERSAL SOLVENT as it can dissolve almost all the substances in the world.